Safee Sali Signs For Persib Bandung

Soccer Extreme : Malaysian national striker Safee Sali has signed for Indonesian Super League side Persib Bandung.

The striker confirmed his departure from Selangor this week with the 27-year-old stating that his last match for his current club Selangor will be on 12 February.

“Everything will be clear on Monday when Selangor hold a press conference to announce my future. I’ve got my family’s consent about my next move,” said Safee.

Bandung club officials have visited the FA of Selangor office several times since Safee scored five goals to help Malaysia lift the AFF Suzuki Cup last December.

Selangor have agreed to release Safee from his contract which ends this November for an undisclosed fee with the player set to turn out for Bandung when the second half of the 2010-11 Indonesian Super League season starts on March 7.

The Indonesian club already have two foreign strikers in Brazilian Hilton Moreira and Argentine Pablo Frances on their books besides two Singaporeans, midfielder Shahril Ishak and defender Baihakki Khaizan.

“Where the national team is concerned, there should be no problems but that is a matter between FAM and my club. As for the J-League trial, I believe at my age it would not make sense to go on an attachment,” said Safee

“It would be better for a younger player to take my place.”

In the meantime, it is learned that two other Malaysian players – Norshahrul Idlan Talaha and Khairul Fahmi – will attend trials with an unidentified Japanese club. (aseanfootball)