Fernando Torres a bargain at £8 million

Fernando Torres showed just why he is one of Europe's top strikers at the moment, with a superb performance against Sunderland on Saturday. He scored once and earned the man of the match award which saw the former Atletico Madrid man take 8 points in the first weekend of the Daily Mirror's "You the Manager".

I had him in my team, but did you? The Spaniard costs just £8 million and in my view that is a bargain. Only one week gone in the game, there is plenty of time to catch up with the rest and if you sign-up now, you get 2 teams for the price of 1. I know what I would be doing, putting Torres in both teams.

If you are joining the game, please feel free to join (through the link at the top) the Football Corner Premier League. The password for the league is footballcorner and who knows, you could actually beat my team!