United defender signs for Arsenal


Mikael Silvestre has joined Arsenal in a two-year deal as was reported this morning on football corner.And the versatile Manchester United defender, 31, claimed he is relishing his fresh start.Silvestre said: “I’ve spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I’ll remember that time fondly but feel I’m ready for a new challenge."Arsenal is known for playing technical and skilful football, and has a young but experienced squad.I’m really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the Club to new successes.”

Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger said: “We have a strong squad but a young squad."Mikael’s versatility, experience and calibre will provide extra depth to reinforce our challenge for honours this season."His defensive adaptability will serve us well and it’s a big plus that Mikael has top level experience and a great understanding of football in the Premier League.”United gave Silvestre a free transfer in the summer after he joined them for £4million from Inter.

This could very well turn out to come back and haunt Manchester United. If Silvestre can fit into the Arsenal back four who knows he may be the player who steadys Arsenal's rocky defense. I think if Arsenal did improve their defense they would be a major threat to Uniteds crown