Gunners tie down star striker

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has committed his future to the club today by signing a new long-term deal at the club. Adebayor has been strongly linked with a move away from the Emirates all summer after is his agent claimed interest from AC Milan and Barcelona.

The Togo international has been one of the club's star players over the past 18 months or so. Following the departure of Thierry Henry last summer, the 24-year old has really filled the void of the former Gunners captain.

A statement on Arsenal's website said: "We can confirm Emmanuel has signed a new long-term contract with the club." The player himself remarked "I have three years left on my contract and I'm putting two or three years more, so I'm very happy being part of this family."

I think this is fantastic news for the Gunners as they begin their challenge for the Premier League title. Even though interest had cooled from interested parties in recent weeks, there was still a small doubt in many Arsenal fans mind's and I feel this will do wonders for the whole club.